Transmin is a world-class provider of innovatively engineered bulk materials handling equipment to the mining and resources sector. Over and above sales, our Australian and International clients are supported by Transmin’s extensive Aftermarkets and Services division.
Transmin's award winning RocklogicTM industrial controls and automation team is expanding and seeks to add a versatile and experienced Controls and Automation Engineer. The core functions of this role are; scoping, designing and delivering control systems for capital sales of Transmin's bulk materials handling equipment, and aftermarket upgrades, including client support for Transmin controls and automation systems already in the field.
About the Role
- Control system design and PLC programming including HMI and Citect SCADA;
- Ensure design and delivery complies with Australian, International and Client standards and specifications;
- Provide after sales technical customer support, troubleshooting and remediation;
- Provide input into the standardisation and development of the Rocklogic software package (Rockbreaker remote operations and collision avoidance system);
- Develop and deliver controls and automation training packages for Transmin products;
- Actively participate in client safety hazard analysis workshops and mitigation of operational risk via technical solution where possible.
- Tertiary qualification in software, mechatronics, electrical engineering or similar;
- Minimum of 3 years experience in PLC's and control system design with understanding of ladder logic, function block diagram and structured text;
- Experience in the use of Schneider, Allen Bradley, IFM and GE PLC software;
- Previous exposure to Linux, C++, PHP on embedded PC would be beneficial;
- Be a highly motivated and organised individual with the ability to prioritise and problem-solve;
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills both internally and externally;
- Ability to travel and work remotely on site when required.
- WA owned and operated OEM celebrating over 30 years of success;
- A professional, informal and flexible working environment, allowing for a good work - life balance;
- Social and family inclusive workplace with employee benefits and an active social club.