Transmin is seeking the addition of an experienced Estimator to ensure the continued accuracy and efficiency of our estimating team. The Estimator will be responsible for quoting and preparing proposals to our clients, both existing and prospective. Ideally, we seek a very experienced candidate with a mechanical engineering focus or background to enhance the bid/proposals engineering capability of the Estimating & Proposals team.
Based in Malaga, the successful candidate will work very closely on a day to day basis with the Engineering & Design, Project Management, Procurement and Capital Equipment Sales teams.
About the Role
- Register and maintain new client bid/tender enquiries and update the status of all regularly;
- Review client commercial and technical specifications and documentation and issue to key stakeholders;
- Prepare detailed, accurate and timely estimates for standard and custom engineered mechanical equipment;
- Write and issue approved proposals which meet Transmin's standards and are in accordance with the clients requirements for format and content, including all necessary commercial and technical schedules duly completed;
- Respond to client technical and commercial clarifications as required;
- Assist in the improvement and standardisation of processes to ensure that both the estimates and proposals are consistent, complete and use best principles;
- Provide final estimate worksheets post award to allow accurate project cost control and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing detailed and accurate estimates for engineered mechanical equipment (this is an essential selection criteria) - heavy mining or industrial, or bulk materials handling equipment a definite advantage;
- Conversant with technical and commercial specifications, including typical contractual/commercial contract terms - strong commercial awareness and capability;
- High level attention to detail;
- Ability to read technical drawings;
- Very strong mechanical aptitude - a Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) qualifications and/or equivalent experience would be an advantage;
- Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Opportunity to be involved in end to end mechanical equipment manufacture - work closely with engineers and see the finished product;
- WA owned and operated OEM celebrating over 30 years of success;
- Approachable, responsive and decisive management team;
- A professional, informal and flexible working environment, allowing for a good work - life balance;
- Social and family inclusive workplace including an active social club.
Apply with your current resume, and a covering letter specifically addressing the criteria outlined above. You must possess the current and unrestricted right work in Australia.
Transmin is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from candidates of any gender; age; people with a disability; and any cultural background, including Indigenous Australians.