Transmin is a world-class provider of innovative engineered equipment, and aftermarket parts and services to the mining resources and bulk material handling industries, throughout Australia and Internationally. Operating for 30+ years, Transmin is a trusted world-wide reputation in engineering, fabrication, project management, installation and ongoing aftermarket sales service support.
We are currently expanding our East Coast market and require an ambitious, experienced Key Account Manager to identify opportunities within the Eastern States Regions. Operating out of Brisbane, the successful candidate will be responsible for growing the business by selling Transmin’s aftermarket spares and key agency lines, to a variety of business sectors. The successful candidate will be supported by a team of coordinators and sales support staff in our Head Office (WA), allowing them to focus on core sales activities. All applicants must be willing to travel and have the ability to work autonomously.
About the Role
- Proactively sell agency/distributorship lines represented by Transmin in addition to Transmin OEM spares & supplies;
- Cross sell all of Transmin products and services across all divisions;
- Manage and build relationships with new and allocated existing accounts;
- Conduct business development activities and actively seek new opportunities for growth;
- Understand customer requirements and offer them the most suitable products based on specifications, cost and availability;
- Prepare costing sheets, generate and submit formal quotations/proposals;
- Manage agreements and contracts with key milestones and objectives;
- Manage allocated territory/portfolio customer database activity and data via CRM;
- Manage leads through qualification of orders;
- Prepare and submit various reports on time as required;
- Fully maintained company vehicle provided.
- Proven success in a key account/technical sales role in a mining or industrial/mechanical equipment supply company or similar;
- Strong mechanical/engineering aptitude with the ability to identify potential revenue sources on client sites – general understanding of the overall mining process is expected;
- Superior customer service and relationship management skills - at all levels;
- Having an established network within the mining, minerals processing, and/or materials handling industries would be an advantage;
- Be able to demonstrable a proven sales record, along with an unwavering drive in achieving sales targets in a similar role or environment – history of sales accountability in previous roles;
- Have the ability to adapt your approach to all relevant stakeholders at all levels – from site based maintenance and reliability personnel, through to corporate and procurement professionals;
- Possess a sound understanding of customer contractual and commercial terms;
- Ability to identify and sell tailored solutions as opposed to products alone;
- Energetic and dynamic.
- Global mechanical engineering company;
- A professional, informal and flexible working environment allowing for an excellent work – life balance;