Transmin is a world-class provider of innovative engineered equipment, and aftermarket parts and services to the mining resources and bulk material handling industries, throughout Australia and Internationally. We offer a range of Thermo Fisher equipment, including but not limited to; bulk weighing, monitoring and sampling equipment, density and level instruments; and metallurgical sampling systems.
Transmin is seeking an experienced Product Specialist to join our Aftermarket team. Reporting to the Head of Aftermarket the successful candidate will be responsible for playing a pivotal role in the success of the product category.
About the Role
- Meet and exceed sales targets for both product sales and service sales;
- Develop and execute sales strategies to maximise market share and grow revenue year on year;
- Travel to site to provide quality on – site installation, commissioning, technical servicing and maintenance of installed Thermo Fisher and other Transmin equipment when required;
- Provide comprehensive client training on the safe operation and maintenance of installed Thermo Fisher equipment;
- Respond to all client enquiries and prepare quotes, estimates and tender submissions;
- Complete site technical service and commissioning reports, ensuring all post visit action points are followed up and actioned;
- Provide remote technical service support to clients where possible via telephone, email or remote log in;
- Assist in managing the Thermo Fisher distributorship agreement.
- Hold applicable trade or equivalent relevant tertiary qualification in an associated engineering discipline such as mechanical or electronics;
- Be able to travel frequently and without restriction;
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar field service or technician (calibration etc.) role, ideally in an electrical or mechanical environment;
- Be adept at preparing detailed tender packages, including familiarity with typical contractual and commercial terms and negotiations;
- Have a sound understanding of fundamental financial and commercial principles, and be responsible for the P&L of the business unit;
- Ability to work effectively and independently;
- Possess superior customer relationship management skills;
- Demonstrate a passion for continually driving growth in market share and sales revenue, and achieving or exceeding annual targets;
- Sound knowledge of applicable Australian Standards;
- WA owned and operated OEM celebrating over 30 years of success;
- Approachable, responsive and decisive management team;
- A professional, informal and flexible working environment, allowing for a good work - life balance;
- Social and family inclusive workplace including an active social club.