Transmin is a world-class provider of innovative engineered equipment, and aftermarket parts and services to the mining resources and bulk material handling industries, throughout Australia and Internationally.
Transmin is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our Operations team. Reporting to the Director of Operations the successful candidate will be responsible for managing assigned projects and contracts to meet Transmin client expectations and contractual obligations, whilst keeping in line with Transmin core values;
About the Role
- Manage capital and service based contracts and projects to meet client expectations and contractual obligations, whilst maintaining Transmin's requirements for safety, profitability, efficiency, quality and performance;
- Procure goods and/or services required for projects minimizing total costs whilst maintaining requirements for quality, quantity, timing and availability;
- Consult with Workshop Supervisor(s) to efficiently schedule labour and resourcing requirements from available sources;
- Consult with the Head of Project Management and other relevant departments to develop and maintain appropriate systems of work and standards for critical capital/service based project management activities including, communication (internal and external), cost control, project administration, record keeping, quality control, and continual improvement;
- Provide costing's, records and end of month commercial, technical and financial reporting for assigned projects as required including Work in Progress schedules;
- Travel to site as and when required.
- Certificate level in Project Management or equivalent relevant experience OR;
- Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering or Process Engineering Diploma or equivalent experience;
- Understanding of typical commercial contractual terminology;
- Experience in interpreting, negotiating and fulfilling service based contractual obligations;
- Proven ability to successfully apply cost control concepts and measures to a service based contract/project;
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Project;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV an advantage but not essential.
- WA owned and operated OEM celebrating over 30 years of success;
- Approachable, responsive and decisive management team;
- A professional, informal and flexible working environment, allowing for a good work - life balance;
- Social and family inclusive workplace including an active social club.