Transmin is a world-class provider of innovative engineered equipment, aftermarket parts and services to the mining resources and bulk material handling industries, throughout Australia and Internationally. Established over 32 years ago and with our headquarters in Malaga, Perth we have a broad customer base in the mining and minerals processing industry.
Transmin is seeking the expertise of an experienced Service Supervisor to assist the growth of our Service department.
About the Role
- Travel to mine sites within Western Australia, Australia and overseas as well as working in our Malaga workshop;
- Conduct detailed audits on Transmin equipment identifying service potential, working in conjunction with the Service Sales and Service Project Managers to quote in a timely manner;
- Supervise service work on Transmin OEM equipment and other targeted equipment;
- Work independently in hands on capacity on site and/or with a team to carry out service works associated with breakdowns and/or shutdowns;
- Assist in developing and delivery of training packages, both on site and in a classroom environment to customers on Transmin OEM equipment;
- Provide detailed reports with recommendations for associated service work and spare parts requirements;
- Prepare standard work procedures and a scope of work for proposed site service jobs;
- Trouble shoot and fault find on equipment to ascertain the primary cause of a problem and implement steps to rectify it;
- Conduct commissioning and oversee installation of Transmin OEM equipment;
- Effectively engage with clients on site to build rapport, confidence and assist in securing additional work.
- Ability to work well within a team and autonomously;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Previous experience working with hydraulic control systems would be highly regarded;
- High level of initiative, problem solving and organisational skills;
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to read technical drawings;
- Excellent report writing ability;
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a mechanical/hydraulic Fitter;
- Previous experience in a supervisory role;
- Previous site experience at mine site in Australia and abroad essential;
- Excellent IT skills with previous exposure to ERP and CRM software.
- WA owned and operated OEM celebrating over 32 years of success;
- Working within a growing team;
- Professional, informal and flexible working environment allowing for an excellent work-life balance;
- Social and family inclusive workplace with employee benefits and an active social club.