Transmin is a world-class provider of innovative engineered equipment, aftermarket parts and services to the mining resources and bulk material handling industries, throughout Australia and Internationally. Established over 32 years ago and with our headquarters in Malaga, Perth we have a broad customer base in the mining and minerals processing industry.
Transmin is seeking the expertise of an experienced Service Supervisor to assist the growth of our Service department.
About the Role
- Scope site work for potential service jobs, working in conjunction with the Service Manager and Service Project Manager to have quoted in a timely manner;
- Supervising crews carrying out site service work on Transmin OEM equipment and other targeted equipment;
- Work independently on site and/or with a team to carry out service works associated with breakdowns and/or shutdowns;
- Assist in developing and delivering training packages, both on site and in a classroom environment to customers on Transmin OEM equipment;
- Auditing equipment and providing a detailed report with recommendations for associated service work and spare part requirements;
- Prepare standard work procedures and a scope of work for proposed site service jobs;
- Trouble shoot and fault find equipment to ascertain the primary cause of a problem and implement steps to rectify it;
- Carry out commissioning of Transmin OEM equipment;
- Effectively engage with clients on site to build rapport, confidence and assist in securing additional work.
- High level of initiative, problem solving and organisation skills;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to read technical drawings;
- Excellent report writing ability.
- Minimum of 5 – 10 years’ experience as a mechanical/hydraulic fitter;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role leading a team;
- Proven project management experience would be advantageous;
- Previous site service experience at mine sites in Australia and abroad essential;
- Excellent IT skills with previous exposure to ERP and CRM software.
- WA owned and operated OEM celebrating over 32 years of success;
- A professional, informal and flexible working environment allowing for an excellent work – life balance;
- Social and family inclusive workplace with employee benefits and an active social club.