Transmin is a world-class provider of innovative engineered equipment, and aftermarket parts and services to the mining resources and bulk material handling industries, throughout Australia and Internationally. We offer a range of Thermo Fisher equipment, including but not limited to; bulk weighing, monitoring and sampling equipment, density and level instruments; and metallurgical sampling systems.
Transmin is seeking an experienced Service Technician to join our Aftermarket team. Reporting to the Head of Service & Key Agency Lines the successful candidate will be responsible for providing installation, commissioning, service and maintenance support to our Thermo Fisher product range clients, both at base and on site.
About the Role
- Travel to site to provide quality on – site installation, commissioning, technical servicing and maintenance of installed Thermo Fisher and other Transmin equipment when required;
- Provide comprehensive client training on the safe operation and maintenance of installed Thermo Fisher equipment;
- Complete site technical service and commissioning reports, ensuring all post visit action points are followed up and actioned;
- Provide remote technical service support to clients where possible via telephone, email or remote log in;
- Ensure service level agreements (SLA) service standards are met or exceeded where relevant;
- Maintain effective and beneficial business relationships;
- Run service jobs and associated internal administration, including, but not limited to relevant paperwork.
- Be client focused with strong customer service skills;
- Hold applicable trade or equivalent relevant tertiary qualification in an associated engineering discipline such as mechanical or electronics;
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively and on short notice at times;
- Strong mechanical aptitude with and understanding of electro-mechanic systems;
- Ability to work effectively and independently;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Sound knowledge of applicable Australian Standards;
- Understanding of process control systems;
- Previous experience using Microsoft Office;
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar field service or technician (calibration etc.) role, ideally in an electrical or mechanical environment.
- WA owned and operated OEM celebrating over 30 years of success;
- Approachable, responsive and decisive management team;
- A professional, informal and flexible working environment, allowing for a good work - life balance;
- Social and family inclusive workplace including an active social club.