Transmin is looking for a Technical Quality Inspector with experience in fabrication workshop management, quality control and commercial. These skills are required to oversee local and international procurement and fabrication.
The suitable candidate will be required to travel to Asia on a monthly basis to engage with fabricators and to expedite active project procurement while ensuring that the quality is of the highest standards. This person will also be required to source other potential suppliers to strengthen our supply chain options and should therefore have a good understanding of fabrication quality, standards and schedules.
When in Perth, this person will engage with the Project Managers, Procurement, Engineering and Design teams as required to constantly monitor and improve our systems and communications.
About the Role
- Travel to Asia +/-2 weeks per month (as required) to engage with a variety of suppliers and fabricators for procurement expediting;
- Test, inspect, expedite, arrange transport and logistics while visiting local and international suppliers;
- Seek new suppliers that will add value to the Transmin supply chain in terms of cost, quality and schedule;
- When not travelling (during the scheduled 2 weeks) attendance at our Perth office is required 5 days per week to perform commercial duties relating to local and international purchase orders, preparation of quality documents, MDR's etc. as well as engage with all necessary teams (Project Management, Engineering, Drafting, Procurement, Finance etc.).
- Local and international experience in fabrication, boilermaking, machining and painting;
- Trade/Qualifications preferred but not essential;
- Have experience in planning and managing a fabrication facility, looking after both the technical and commercial side;
- Managerial or Project Management experience highly regarded;
- Be Perth based and available to travel to Asia for +/-2 weeks per month;
- Good commercial acumen and understanding of contracts, with the ability to negotiate and discuss with suppliers as and when required;
- Familiar with Australian Standards and fixed plant mining equipment.
If you feel that your skills and experience fulfill the above, and you would like to join a friendly, dynamic and hard working team, please send your resume and covering letter specifically addressing the criteria above.