Transmin is a world-class provider of innovative engineered equipment, aftermarket parts and services to the mining resources and bulk material handling industries, throughout Australia and Internationally. Established over 32 years ago and with our headquarters in Malaga, Perth we have a broad customer base in the mining and minerals processing industry.
Transmin is seeking the expertise of an experienced Workshop Manager to join us in leading our assembly workshop with a team of 15 - 30 staff.
About the Role
- Manage daily operations of the workshop;
- Plan all resources required for efficient running of the workshop including labour, tooling, PPE, systems, job cards etc;
- Provide short, mid and long term resource planning, ensuring the efficient flow of production and service jobs/projects through the workshop and on-site;
- Drive continual improvement in all aspects of workshop operations;
- Actively set standards to increase efficiencies in the workshop and on-site, monitoring and reporting compliance;
- Assist HR in setting training and development plans;
- Coordinate the development, issue and control of work packs/job cards issued to the workshop;
- Maintain financial discipline in running workshop budgets;
- Develop and manage a comprehensive tooling register;
- Establish SWP's and integrate with WHSE where necessary.
- Hands on leader who earns the respect of their team quickly;
- A 'can do' attitude with excellent team management skills;
- Innovative thinker and a solution provider;
- Process driven but with a practical approach;
- Highly logical and organised;
- Great mechanical aptitude and a solid background in running teams efficiently in a workshop environment;
- Competent in common workplace computer software programs.